Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 1

  I am a former grower of Ct Broadleaf & Ct Shade. A little about me is tobacco has been my life since i was born. Growing up on a farm weekends were the greatest, going to work with my (Dad) in the late 1970's @ Consolidate Cigar ! They were huge in growing Shade. My father Aubrey Miner ran farm 56 in Broad Brook C.t. Early 80's Consolidated closed and left C.t. Other Farms continued to grow.Then the Mid 90's tobacco was booming I landed a dream job at Enfield Shade Tobacco For 7 years i ran daily operation's Building Shade fields. Raising 150 acres of Shade Cigar Wrapper. That takes 300 people to Harvest. In 2002 it was time to spread my wings Then we planted broadleaf for two years. 2004 Full time Growing Broadleaf and Shade. Winter of 2004 Sorted tobacco at Jarmoc Farms for Ed and Steve Jarmoc. Then grew Tobacco for a few more years. I'm trying to share as much knowledge as possible in this blog for you. Cigars are not just for smoking. Cigars are a great conversation at work on the golf course or just b.s.ing with friends. Knowledge is power. Let's get started no Let's roll.                                                                                                            In mid April Winter is be hind us . The day is here to start seeding . Seedlings grow for 60 days then plants will be ready for trans planting ( Setting ) . We are Blogging to Share the 100 years tradition of producing the
finest cigar wrapper in the world . Lets get started !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment